A subtle and refreshing pea soup with a hint of herbs and soft salty feta adding some depth.
1 onion, peeled & finely chopped
250g peas, fresh or frozen
1 large potato, peeled & chopped
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh mint
150ml single cream
salt & pepper
1. heat butter in a pan and sweat the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, to soften but not colour.
2. add the peas, potato, stock and herbs and bring to the boil.
3. simmer for 5-6 minutes until the peas are tender.
4. remove and discard the herb stalks and liquidise the soup in a blender until completely smooth.
5. return to the heat, season and pour in the single cream, do not allow to boil.
6. crumble a little feta on top, drizzle with olive oil and grind some black pepper over the top.
Serves: 4 l Time: 15mins